Now, as we are heading to the New Year holidays we prepared some most important and useful phrases that will save you abroad.
Asking for directions:
- Could you help me, please?
- Excuse me, how can I get/how do I get to …?
- Could you tell me how to get to …?
- Could you tell me the way to …?
- Excuse me, is there a bank/restaurant/hotel/metro station near here?
- Could you tell me where …… is?
- Excuse me, where is the nearest bank/cafe/restaurant/metro station?
- What is the nearest metro station to the parl. please?
In a restaurant:
- Could we have a table for two, please?
- Can we have a menu, please?
- Excuse me, can I/we smoke in here?
- We would like a table for two in a non-smoking area, please.
- Can I have a cup of coffee, please?
- I’ll have a chicken broth, please.
- Can I pay by a credit card/in cash?
- Can I/we have the bill, please?
- Thank you very much!
In an airport:
- Excuse me, could you tell me where Gate 7 is?
- Where is the registration desk, please?
- Here is my passport and ticket.
- I’d like a seat near the window/aisle, please.
- Fasten your seat-belts — пристегните ремни!
- Switch off your mobile phones — выключите сотовые.
- Have a nice flight!
Some more generally useful phrases:
- How much is the taxi/bus tickets/metro ticket?
- Where can I buy …?
- Is there a good restaurant/cafe/shop near here?
- Do you have a guide book?
- Is there a doctor here?
- How far is it from the hotel/airport?
- How long will it take?
- Can I get there on foot?